Traditional labor and management power relationships are under pressure, confidence in politicians is low, and the appeal of the self-organizing capacity of citizens and employees is increasing. These changes require leadership from individuals everywhere in organizations and society. During the day get acquainted with people who lead in their own way and offer concrete insights in the workshops.
After an overview of the most recent developments in sociocracy by Annewiek Reijmer, Director of the Sociocracy Center Netherlands and director of The Sociocracy Group, experience the vision of Marjolein Ploegman, director of The Sociocratic School in Zandvoort. Then, hear the extraordinary story by Annette Man-Mul of the philosophy of Ubuntu (South Africa) and its vision of leadership.
The workshop program offers many choices and many concrete ways to apply the sociocratic circle organization method in a variety of fields.
The afternoon program:
Workshop Round 1
1. Leadership is not a one-man show (Gilles Charest / Pieter van der Meche)
2. Youth Workshop: Communicate your consent (Loes and Marlise)
3. In conversation with Gerard Endenburg (Anne Wick Reijmer)
4. Four Power Peer coaching (Gavin White / Nate Whitestone)
5. Sociocracy Followed Me to School One Day (John Buck)
6. The success of Sociocracy in Democratic Education (Baudy Wiechers / Margo Bruins)
7. Consent Game, run!
15.15 Workshop Round 2
8. Consent Game (Agnes Goldenbeld / Jan Klomp)
9. What to do if you do not get consent? (Philip Seligmann)
10. Solving problems as a team: applying lean tools in Sociocratic Organizations (Nate Whitestone /
11. Breakthrough Email: how to connect with customers, lead your circle and grow your organization
12. Restorative circles (Emile van Dantzig)
13. Program for Excellence (Gilles Charest / John Buck); FOR certified organizations